Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 5

Awesome!  We are on Day 5 and I'm still here!  Today's post is short and sweet, but I haven't felt the best and well, lets just face it...there will be days like this.  When I say sweet, I mean it.  I made a pineapple sheet cake.  Of course I found the recipe on Pinterest and of course I didn't follow it.  I am out of white sugar.  Do you know how horrible it is to be without sugar???  Oh yeah, besides Pinterest I am also addicted to sugar (and all carbs!)  So anyway, I'm out of white sugar but did have brown sugar.  Did you know that you can pretty much substitute brown sugar for white in all baking?  It obviously makes your baked item a little darker and also has a slightly different taste.  But heck, when you are down and out it'll do!  So I proceeded to make a pineapple sheet cake with brown sugar.  I also didn't have enough of ALL the ingredients for the icing.  I had enough to make about half a batch.  It's soooo time to go to the grocery store!  So, what I did was made it a little thinner but with all the same ingredients and poured it over the cake while the cake was still hot.  It soaked in a little and made it fantabulous!  It was rich and gooey and warm and just pure yumminess. 
So here it is...That indention there is the big ol' bite mark I put in it before I realized that maybe I should take a picture now since this was my third piece and I wouldn't (shouldn't!) be having any more for the rest of the night (unless I wake up at 3am thinking about it!!!)  So so good!  I'll be putting this along with all the other recipes I've found on Pinterest and also a few of my own that I plan to have available for pinning on my Tracy Lynn Cooks page eventually.  As for now, I'm being summoned by someone who loves me lots and has been feeling a little neglected since I've started all this blogging stuff.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment